Can you identify any of these plants from Yunnan?
1st row (left
1. unknown1: small plant, in the mountain
forest near the Tibetan border. Is it an orchid?
2. Goodyera schlechtendaliana ? (leaves)
Mountain woodlands, Dali, 15 aug 1996
3. habena1: Habenaria limprichitii
? (or davidii?) same date and biotope as 'Lobelia' though
more wet conditions [a response: "appears to be Habenaria
4. hermin1a: tiger leaping gorge, 11 aug,
roadside. Herminium sp.?
5. lobelia.jpg: 10 aug, 1996; Lijiang, extensively
grazed grassland. Is it a Lobelia?
2nd row (left
6. Orch1: Orchid, 18 aug; Kunming, limestone
pavement near Stone Forest
7. Habenaria linguella?: 11 aug; near Lijiang in
8. Roscoea schneideriana (Zingiberaceae): 10 aug; Lijiang, same biotope as
9. Platanthera minor: in the mountain forest above
Dali, near Goodyera schlechtandaliana. Bad photo due to
lack of light and equipment at that time.
3rd row (left
10. Spiranthes sinensis: white Spiranthes species,
11 aug, same biotope as 'Lobelia'
11. Spiranthes sinensis,
same bitope/date as #10.
I hope you and your collegues can give me
some clues. If you need more information, please let me know.
Thanks in advance! Ed van Wijngaarden & Dory Beulink
If you can assist Ed van Wijnggaarden and
his wife Dory Beulink with additional information, please send
email to them at email@example.com
with a copy to us here at
the Flora of China Web