Info request on Sapium sebiferum, Chinese Tallow

Anthony R. Brach (brach@oeb.harvard.edu)
Mon, 04 May 1998 06:59:47 -0400

This was on the ECOLOG-L List.

Anthony

Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 19:12:17 -0700
From: Robert Rathbone Pattison <rpattiso@MAIL.WSU.EDU>
Subject: Info request on Sapium sebiferum, Chinese Tallow

Hi , I am looking for as much info as I can get on the distribution of
Sapium sebiferum, a.k.a. Chinese tallow or popcorn tree. It is an invasive
tree found in the coastal region from Houston, TX toFlorida and up to N.
Carolina. I am particularly interested in the types of communities where
it occurs. In some areas it forms dense forests and in others it occurs
mainly on the perimeters of lakes and wetlands. I am interested in
factors (e.g., genetic, abiotic and biotic) influencing its
distributions in different sites. Any insights would be appreciated and
useful. I am also interested the same info from its native range.
Thanks for any and all help.

Sincerely,
R. Pattison

Dept. Botany