chinese plants (fwd)

Anthony Brach (brach@oeb.harvard.edu)
Sat, 19 Jul 1997 05:59:34 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 19:24:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: FabaAnder@aol.com
To: brach@oeb.harvard.edu
Subject: chinese plants

Dear Sir, I hope you won't regard this as a trivial request. I have seen
this Chinese grouping of plants in Chinese Restaurants, and they can not tell
me where I can buy them. They have bundled green sticks, which look like
bamboo, about 1" in diameter, and tied the sticks tightly together. Then
after putting the bundle in water, the individual sticks start to sprout,
making a beautiful indoor plant.

A Chinese lady, on the Net, said this is called Fu Gui Zu (phonetic) and
means "The Fortune". Could you give me any advice how I might learn more
about ,or order ,such a lovely arrangement,and also if I have the correct
name? I live near Chinatown in San Francisco, CA and have had no luck
finding this item there.
Thanks, Ann
FabaAnder@aol.com