Re: chinese elms

Anthony R. Brach (brach@oeb.harvard.edu)
Mon, 07 Jul 1997 07:29:41 -0700

Dear Jeffrey,

Apparently the Ulmaceae has not yet been added to the web version of the
Flora of China Checklist. The Ulmaceae will be treated in volume 5 of the
Flora of China.

for currently available information, please see:
http://herbaria.harvard.edu/china/Taxa/vol5-genera.htm
Ulmaceae
Aphananthe
Celtis
Gironniera
Hemiptelea
Pteroceltis
Trema
Ulmus
Zelkova
and http://django.harvard.edu/china/endemic-genera.xls

I hope that the above information is somewhat helpful. Please feel free to
contact us for additional information.

Sincerely,

Anthony R. Brach

At 08:46 PM 7/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Mr. Brach,
>
>I have been searching the Flora of China web site for information on
>elms. In the Checklist and Distribution section, listed by family, I do
>not see Ulmaceae. Am I looking in the right place? Additionally, when I
>attempt to search the database, I am told that the server is currently
>unavailable (this could only be temporary).
>
>Could you possibly give me recommendations on using the site, and perhaps
>mention any other web resources I might use to access information on
>Ulmus in China.
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>Jeffrey Collins (802) 656-0423 (day)
>Field Naturalist Program (802) 862-4785 (eve.)
>Marsh Life Science Building (802) 656-0440 (fax)
>University of Vermont jcollin2@zoo.uvm.edu
>Burlington, VT 05405

Anthony R. Brach, Ph.D., brach@oeb.harvard.edu
http://www.herbaria.harvard.edu/~brach/
Flora of China http://flora.harvard.edu/china/
Harvard University Herbaria, 22 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138-2094 USA
phone 617-495-3646; fax 617-495-9484